Registration for Religious Education is open. Register Online or download the Registration Packet and return it to the office.
SACRAMENT PREPARATION REQUIREMENTS
If you would like your child to receive the sacraments of Reconciliation and/or Eucharist, please register your child for Religious Education classes. In order to be eligible for reception of these Sacraments…
- your child must be baptized Catholic and at least 7 years-old
- the Religious Education department must receive proof of the child’s Catholic baptism
- if baptized at Blessed Sacrament please provide a copy of the baptismal certificate or the date om which they were baptized
- if baptized elsewhere, obtain a copy of the Catholic Baptismal Certificate. If you do not have the certificate, please contact the baptismal church and request a copy. If you have difficulty locating an address or phone number, please ask us for assistance.
- the minimum formation requirements are the following: must be currently enrolled and attending Religious Education classes fo4 a second year (or enrolled in the Homeschool program), and regularly attending weekend Mass
- the program consists of Wednesday evening classes (4 in the fall and 4 in the spring) which must be attended by your child. One of these evenings is family night and one parent must attend with child. Weekly attendance at Religious Education classes continue to be required
- a retreat and First Communion interview must also be completed before First Communion is received
SPECIAL SACRAMENT NEEDS (CHICCA):
- Children 7 years and older who have not been baptized Catholic must attend regular Religious Education classes or and apply to the CHICCA program